What is My Home Worth?
Receive a custom evaluation for your home, including comparisons to other homes that have recently sold or are on the market. This guarantees you receive the most accurate information available. To find out what your home is worth, fill out the information below:
The Home Selling Process
Step 1: Get A Home Value Assessment
A home value assessment is intended as a useful starting point to help you get an independent and unbiased idea of what your home might be worth in today's market. Online assessment tools use computer algorithms to gather information about your home from public sources:
- Square footage
- Recent sales
- Special features
- Bedrooms & bathrooms
The assessment tool then attempts to substitute all this data into an equation (and every tool is slightly different) to compile an estimate of your home's value. Unfortunately, the internet can only get you so far. That's why it's crucial to talk to a real estate agent or appraiser who is far better equipped to synthesize all the information about your home and give you a professional assessment of your home's value.
Step 2: Agent Will Preview Your Home
Once you contact us you'll be well on your way to getting your home sold fast, for top dollar, and for the minimum amount of hassle. We'll set an appointment at at time that meets your needs and conduct in-depth research using tools only available to licensed Realtors and prepare a full professional value assessment of your home to determine a price range for your home before we ever arrive.
When we arrive on site we'll kindly ask you to show us around your home, making note in particular of the following items:
- Location - What is the location of the home in the neighborhood? Is it easy to get to? What is the overall condition of the neighborhood? If the community has security features, are they in good shape? What is the condition of any community amenities? Is the location of the home represented accurately on maps and across digital platforms?
- Exterior - What is the overall impression of the exterior of the home? How easy is it to park? What is the condition, appearance and age of the roof? Does the home have any obvious repairs required to be marketable? What is the condition of the landscaping, driveway, and sidewalk? How does the home compare to the rest of the houses on the street / block / neighborhood?
- Interior - How does the actual square footage of the house feel compared to what's listed in public sources? Are all bedrooms and bathrooms accounted for properly? What is the age & condition of major systems in the home - air conditioner/heater, electrical, plumbing? What is the age and condition of all finishes - wall and ceiling surfaces, cabinets, counters, floors? How do the fixtures and appliances function? Are all special features such as pools and fireplaces accounted for?
Once we've confirmed all the home information we'll be able to determine an exact value upon which we can agree to market your home, then we'll write up the listing agreement.
Step 3: Prepare Your Home For Listing
Our goal is to get the maximum value for your home and preparation is critical to making that happen. In today's digital world, imagery is key, so it's important to prepare your home to the fullest for its photography date.
FACT: According to the National Association of Realtors 2017 Home Buyer Survey, 89% of home buyers found high-quality photography "Very Useful" in determining whether to go see a home that they found online.
Here are just a few tips from our partner Vic Devore of Devore Design, the number-one ranked real estate photographer in Central Florida according to Google.
Real Estate Photography Preparation - General
- Thoroughly clean whole house (vacuum carpet, mop hard floors, clean countertops, clean windows)
- Replace all burned out light bulbs (make sure all are same type) and turn all lights and lamps ON
- Turn all screens (TV, computer) and ceiling fans OFF
- Open blinds/window treatments to let in outside light
- If a window has a view, raise the blinds completely for a completely unobstructed view
- Remove personal photographs (or replace with general landscape/object photographs)
- Make all beds, put away all clothing & shoes in closets
- Remove small floor rugs to reveal actual flooring
For an extensive, in-depth list of tips on how to get your home ready for its close-up, go to Devore Design's website HERE.
Step 4: Marketing Your Home For Sale
Today’s world is full of marketing and advertising outlets and most of them are perpetually evolving; the internet, social media, and the list goes on. The days of sticking a “For Sale” sign in the front lawn and then running an ad in the newspaper for your open house are over. The way your home is marketed will have a deep impact on how much exposure your home gets, and ultimately its final sales price. Here are just some of the ways that we will market your home to achieve your goals.
West Orlando Homes Marketing Plan
- High-definition professional photography AND video tour of your home
- Interactive 3D floor plans with 360 degree views, room dimensions and photos
- Professional copy written home description
- Premium exposure across ALL digital platforms (Zillow, Realtor.com, Trulia, etc.)
- Social media marketing across multiple platforms (Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, etc.)
- Custom property website
- Email marketing to database of 1,000+ buyers
- Print marketing in local and regional outlets
- Mega Open House events
- Full color glossy Just Listed postcard
- Full color glossy brochures & flyers
- Sturdy, professional yard sign & brochure box
- AND MORE!
Step 5: Negotiating Your Terms Of Sale
Selling your home probably one of the biggest financial transactions you will undertake in your lifetime, and the decisions you make when deciding on a price with a buyer can have a significant impact on how much money you walk away with. Our negotiating strategies will put you in the driver's seat and give you a decisive advantage in any market. Using battle-tested techniques from top minds in real estate, business and psychology, we ensure that you walk away with top dollar and the best terms possible.